BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

"I Dreamt I Bled With Your Praises..."



John Mark McMillan has to be my favorite songwriter/singer of all time. His lyrics are creative and carry a whole lot of weight with each word. I LOVE a good song but more than that I LOVE a good song with good, meaningful lyrics. One of my favorite songs by John Mark is "Kiss Your Feet." It has my number one favorite line in a song in it. "I dreamt I bled with your praises just to make the world smell like your grace again." I'm not going to lie, it took me about a month to pull apart and decipher that one line, but when I did I was in pure awe and amazement at that statement.

Now, I absolutely love all these changes in my life (especially the being out of high school part!) but there have been a few that have hurt. They have hurt bad. Some of these changes have caused major pain in my life, but I'm beginning to see how God is/was using my pain and hurt and these changes to draw me toward Him.

I have never understood lyrics as much as I did those when dealing with the hurt caused by those changes. At first, I tried to handle the problem myself. Apparently, I attempted taking control of the situation and epically failed. I attempted to play god in the situation and screwed myself over. But I learned to praise God for the changes and his drawing me to himself. I began to "bleed with His praises." When we get cut, we bleed. We don't tell ourselves to bleed or even think about it, it just happens. It's our natural reaction. So when I get cut, bruised, and beat up by the world, do I bleed with his praises? Do I react by automatically by praising god and not even thinking about it? No. But how awesome would it be if I did. How much better would I handle bad situations if I automatically praised him for allowing me to be there? Just something to think about...

Thanks for reading! ;)
-K

0 comments:

Post a Comment